14 Step Windshield Installation Process
- Jeff’s Glass conducts all installations in accordance with ANSI recognized Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS)
- Jeff’s Glass uses adhesive systems by Dow Automotive the preferred choice by automobile manufacturers worldwide.
- Jeff’s Glass endorses the full-cut method that includes the removal of all exterior parts and trim prior to removal of the damaged windshield. The full-cut method reduces the likelihood of stress cracks that may damage the new windshield.
- Jeff’s Glass cleans all dirt and debris from the pinch weld.
- Jeff’s Glass incorporates great care to prevent scratching the painted exterior.
- Jeff’s Glass removes the existing urethane down the 1/16” providing the best possible surface for the application of new urethane.
- Jeff’s Glass notifies you if corrosion is present on the bonding surface and will inform you of safe, effective solutions.
- Jeff’s Glass utilizes a professional-grade glass cleaner for cleaning the bonding surface of the new windshield.
- Jeff’s Glass properly applies primers by Dow Automotive for bonding the urethane adhesive to the windshield and vehicle body.
- Jeff’s Glass reinstalls a foam dam tape if required by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Jeff’s Glass will match the urethane adhesive bead profile when applying Dow Automotive adhesive between the vehicle body and glass.
- Jeff’s Glass applies the windshield using gloves to prevent the transfer of contaminants that may harm the adhesion of urethane to the glass and/or body.
- Jeff’s Glass cleans the windshield and vacuums all loose debris.
- Jeff’s Glass processes all paperwork, including insurance claims and promptly, returns your keys.
Jeff’s Glass has been repairing and replacing auto glass for many years.
You will be amazed! The possibilities are endless, no matter the size of the job.
From emergency glass replacement and repairs, to complete wall and storefront systems